About Gift Aid
Every donation you make, be it financial or the items you bring to our charity shops, could be worth much more, at no extra cost to you.
What is gift aid?
When you sign up to Gift Aid, it allows us to claim back 25% of the value of each item we sell. So for every £1 you donate or £1 we make on the sale of your items, we get back 25p from Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs. This makes a huge difference to us, and doesn’t cost you a thing.
If you're a UK taxpayer, please sign up for GiftAid.
For every £1 you donate or £1 we make on the sale of your items, we get back 25p from Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs. This makes a huge difference to us, and doesn’t cost you a thing.
How do I sign up?
If you’ve made a donation to SCT in the last 4 years, are donating now or in the future, please download and return this Gift Aid declaration form.
If you’re donating goods to one of our charity shops, download this Gift Aid form and drop it in with your donations at your local SCT shop. Or you can pick up a form in the shop - just ask a member of staff.
If you would like to talk to us about your donations, please contact Jonathan on 020 7613 5722 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
When you sign up for Gift Aid:
- You confirm that you are a UK taxpayer and understand that if you pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all your donations to charities or Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) in that tax year (6 April to 5 April) it is your responsibility to pay any difference. You understand that other taxes such as VAT and Council Tax do not qualify. You should understand the charity will reclaim 25p of tax on every £1 that you give or have given over the last 4 years.
- If your circumstances change in the future and you no longer pay income tax and/or capital gains tax equal to the tax that the charity reclaims, you should contact us to cancel your declaration.
- If you pay tax at the higher rate, you can claim further tax relief in your tax return.
- If the declaration covers donations you may make in the future:
- please notify the charity if you change your name or address while the declaration is still in force
- you can cancel your declaration at any time by notifying us. It will then not apply to donations you make on or after the date of the cancellation
- If you are unsure whether your donations qualify for Gift Aid tax relief, ask SCT Fundraising, 116-118 Shoreditch High Street, London E1 6JN (donations enquiries 020 7613 5722, or email: email@example.com).
- If you made this declaration orally, by telephone or in person, you have the right to cancel it within 30 days from the date we send confirmation. If you do so, it will be as if the declaration was never made.