SCT may have closed all face-to-face services to protect against Coronavirus, but we continue to remotely support people in recovery and those facing homelessness.
However, we are doing so under great strain. As we have had to close our charity shops, SCT has seen a massive cut in income. The sales from our seven charity shops help to fund our services – which are currently keeping many vulnerable people connected to vital services and a sense of community in times of isolation.
Fundraising at home
For many of you who are self-isolating, you can still do some good at home! Whether it is taking part in virtual events or getting sponsored for your favourite hobby, there are still many ways to help others.
Here are some great ways you can support people access essential services and maintain their communities through the pandemic.
Get sponsored to do a virtual event
- Sponsored walk – how many steps can you take a day when in isolation?
- Solo running challenge – who needs the London Marathon? Get sponsored to complete a challenge, out and about or on a treadmill, or even by simply running around your house/ flat!
- Sponsored stair climb – how many flights of stairs can you complete in a week?
- Ride London… Alone (or from the comfort of your own home, on an exercise bike)
Support SCT from home
- Marie-Kondo your home, and sell the things that don’t bring you joy online
- Read-a-thon. How many books can you read in a set period of time? Ask your friends and colleagues to sponsor your efforts.
- Binge-watch-a-thon. Reckon you can nail all 236 episodes of Friends while you’re in isolation? Prove it and get sponsored while you do it!
- Dress-up Fridays! Flip tradition, ask your colleagues to join, paying a small donation fee to SCT.
- Hold a virtual pub quiz! Gather your friends online and test their general knowledge.
Interested? Get in touch!
Just email Mike.email@example.com for more details.